Monday, June 25, 2012

Julianne's Voice - by Julianne Stewart

 Julianne’s Voice

Hi, I’m Julianne! As you may have noticed on our Meet The Staff page, I am the Office Manager for ExperienceDrums.com. I'm excited to have the chance to use my own voice to describe my adventures while working with Evan. Being a rebel at heart, I was never allowed to use my own creative voice on any job I ever had.

Talk about a ball of confusion: the creation of this website was wacky. My job as the Office Manager came with a lot of duties. Through these couple of months, Evan and I shared opinions and just struggled to meet our target date of May, and we knew we were running behind. My laptop, Harvey, had to be upgraded to Evan’s system so we could correspond by e-mail. That was rough, too. You would think all computers do the same thing, but Harvey doesn’t – he has a mind of his own! That made it frustrating as hell.

In addition, I had to do a lot of research on drumming. I had to learn how drumming could create peace within your soul as you play on your drum set. You see, I am not a musician, so this took a lot of reading and researching. I had to read about how the mind, body, and spirit can help the music flow through your body as you play on the drum set.

I finally had the opportunity to actually play the drums and see for myself.  Evan told me to just play what you feel and it will be to your fullest potential at this time. Well... I found out that I was not that bad, and my drumming certainly banged out my frustrations and broke down those barriers that held me back from even attempting to hold a drumstick properly. I found out through Evan’s methods that actually banging out those frustrations not only relieved my stress but actually allowed me to play to my fullest potential. My voice came out on that drum set. Evan was definitely showing me the ropes.

I have to admit, however, that my favorite job duty Evan gave to me at this time was researching for the Community Saints section. Every month, Evan will be featuring the beautiful teachers, clinicians, and organizations that use their God-given talents to actually make a difference in the world. They hold clinics, workshops, and concerts for all good and worthy causes to help their communities. I am searching for Community Saints right now, so I’ll be on the lookout. 

I know that with mind, body and spirit, the possibilities are endless. ExperienceDrums.com is finally here, a place for you to get started and get that confidence you need to play without fear and to create your own voice on your drum set. Take it from me, the non-drummer. Using mind, body, and spirit will allow you to play to your fullest potential. So go ahead and find out for yourself! Get ready to PLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment